According to recent American Lawyer surveys, summer associates are looking for fewer social events and more practical hands-on training.
Consider offering your summers a three-hour workshop tailored to their specific needs. In exit interviews, past summer classes have rated the Summer Associate Workshop as one of the highlights of their time at the firm.
- Live interactive three-hour workshop
- Survey of your partners’ writing preferences (optional)
- Invite your junior associates (optional)
- Videoconference the workshop at no charge ($1,000 value)
- Attorney Toolkit for all participants
- Deal Struck: The World’s Best Drafting Tips for all participants
- Editing bookmark for all participants
- Weekly online follow-up exercises
- 9:00 am: Tightening Sentences
- 10:00 am: Structural Strategies and Tips for Efficiency
- 10:30 am: Break
- 10:45 am: Integrating Authorities
- 11:15 am: Word Choice, Proofreading, and Usage Challenges
- 12:00 pm: End
“Ross’s seminar was terrific. He drilled down beneath platitudes like ‘clarity’ and ‘brevity’ to give our junior attorneys concrete tools to help achieve those goals rather than just talk about them”
Partner, Skadden Arps
“Interactive, great, real life examples, very practical, made me think critically about my own writing, very engaging, not boring – I will use these tips in my own writing immediately; more useful than tens of hours of 1L legal writing.”
Summer Associate, White & Case
Contact Us About This Workshop
If you’d like to learn more about our Summer Associate Workout workshop, please fill out the contact form below.