1. How many participants can you accommodate?
2. What program is right for my group?
My Summer Associate Workout and Start Off Strong seminars help summer associates and new associates understand what supervisors want and provide participants with practical tips for achieving those goals.
Four Steps to Standout Legal Writing helps mid-level attorneys take their writing to the next level—giving them practical, proven techniques for editing their prose and structuring common documents.
My practice-specific workshops help mid-level and senior attorneys perfect the kinds of documents they most often draft:
Winning Feedback gives partners and other supervisors new strategies for
getting better work product from junior attorneys
3. Can our partners or senior supervisors attend?
4. When do you schedule workshops?
5. Do you offer public programs?
6. Can your workshops really improve our attorneys’ writing?
Participants consistently say so, as do their supervisors and colleagues:
7. Why is legal writing such a challenge?
I proposed some answers to that question in an article for PDQ:
8. What makes your programs stand out?
All of my courses are interactive, short on generalities, and long on specific tips and examples. Participants spend at least half their time writing, editing, or otherwise interacting. I also work with my clients so that each program is tailored to their specific needs.
But the best answers to your question come from thousands of program participants.
In surveys distributed at workshops all over the world, 99.7% of participants have said they would recommend the program to colleagues.
Here’s what people say about the Legal Writing Pro line-up: “empowering,” “practical,” “engaging,” “immediately applicable,” “extremely helpful,” “compelling,” “simply outstanding,” “fresh, timely,” “fun,” “fabulous,” “sophisticated.”
9. Can we get CLE credit?
10. When should we book?
11. What are your fees?
12. What do your fees cover?
All of my core programs include the following features:
- Live, interactive workshop
- Optional survey of partner writing preferences
- License to reproduce materials and writing guide for all participants
- Subscription to monthly writing newsletter
- Email follow-up for questions
13. Do you provide one-on-one coaching?
14. Can we record your programs?
Unfortunately, I cannot allow recording of my programs in any format.
I do realize that it can be difficult to coordinate attorney schedules. But in my experience, even with the best of intentions, attorneys are rarely able to view videotaped programs. Nor do interactive skills programs work via videotape.
15. Can we do a simultaneous videoconference to other offices?
16. How should we set up the training room?
I can work with any seating arrangement.
Please provide a flipchart. If you expect more than 25 participants, please provide a microphone. I don’t need a podium.